Outdoor and Indoor Tips for Taking Care of Your Pets During Winter
From playing in the snow to warming up by the fire next to your furry friend, cold weather brings out some memorable outdoor activities.
Photo by Jamie Street
Here are some tips for dogs to help them stay healthy in the winter:
- Make sure your dog is warm. If it’s too cold for you, it is too cold for them.
- Dogs need to be groomed regularly to remove dead hair and dirt and to fluff up the coat.
- Towel dry your dog as soon as they come inside to avoid itchy and flaking skin.
- Keep your pet away from poisonous plants, such as poinsettias, mistletoe, and holly
- Based on your dog’s activity, you need to adjust their calorie intake.
- Dogs get most of their Vitamin D from their diet, however, they need sunlight for important metabolic pathways and their mental health.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.